Recently, Lesotho officials notified the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) that the H5 subtype highly pathogenic avian influenza has occurred in poultry. In order to protect the safety of our country’s animal husbandry and prevent the spread of the epidemic, in accordance with the”Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China”,”The Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic of China” and other relevant laws and regulations, the announcement is as follows:
1. It is forbidden to import poultry and related products directly or indirectly from Lesotho (products originating from unprocessed poultry or products that may still transmit disease despite being processed).
2. It is prohibited to send or bring poultry and products from Lesotho into the country. Once found, they will be returned or destroyed.
3. On inbound transportation vehicles (such as ships, aircraft, international trains, etc.), if poultry and products from Lesotho are found, they shall be sealed for storage (except poultry meat for personal use, but shall not be taken away from the transportation vehicle), And during the period of stay or operation in my country, the seal may not be opened and used without the permission of the customs. The waste and swill shall be treated in a harmless manner under the supervision of the customs and shall not be discarded without authorization. If an avian flu epidemic is found on the means of transportation, the contaminated or possibly contaminated areas shall be supervised and disinfected in strict accordance with the law.
4. The illegal entry of poultry and their products from Lesotho intercepted by border defense departments shall be destroyed under the supervision of the customs.
5. Anyone who violates the above regulations shall be dealt with by the customs in accordance with the”Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China”, the”Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic of China” and the relevant provisions of its implementing regulations.
6. All customs, animal disease prevention and control agencies at all levels, and animal health supervision agencies shall respectively comply with the”Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China”,”Law of the People’s Republic of China on Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine”,”Law of the People’s Republic of China on Animal Epidemic Prevention”, etc. Relevant regulations, in close cooperation, do a good job in quarantine, epidemic prevention and supervision.
This announcement will be implemented from the date of its release.
Customs General Administration Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs
June 9, 2021
Announcement download link: