Guizhou Provincial Market Supervision Bureau’s safety warning on edible wild mushrooms
By: Date: 2021-04-01 Categories: chinesefood Tags: ,
   Tomb-sweeping season, as the temperature rises, the rain gradually increases, which coincides with the growing season of wild fungi. Common people have the habit of picking and buying wild mushrooms for consumption, but they do not have enough knowledge and understanding of wild toadstools, and they are likely to be poisoned by accidental picking and eating. In order to prevent and reduce the occurrence of edible wild mushroom poisoning incidents, the safety warnings of the Guizhou Provincial Market Supervision Bureau are as follows.

   1. Don’t eat wild mushrooms at will

   There are more than 1,000 kinds of edible fungi known in our country, and more than 480 kinds of toxic fungi. Among them, there are more than toxic fungi that can be fatal to humans. More than 40 kinds. At present, there is no simple and scientific method to identify whether wild mushrooms are poisonous. For the sake of life safety, individuals must not pick, buy and eat wild mushrooms at will.

   2. Beware of eating wild toadstools by mistake

   Since it is difficult to distinguish poisonous fungi from ordinary edible fungi, relying only on the”experience” handed down by the people cannot guarantee the miscollection of poisonous bacteria, resulting in frequent mistaking and eating Poisoning occurred in wild toadstools. At the same time, we should not relax our vigilance on the fresh or dried wild mushrooms sold in the market. We should not buy wild mushrooms of unknown species and sources, and wild mushrooms that are unfamiliar or have never been eaten, especially those with bright colors and special shapes. Don’t eat it lightly to ensure that there is no poisoning accident caused by edible wild mushrooms.

   3. See a doctor immediately if symptoms of poisoning occur

  Different types of toadstools contain different toxins and cause different symptoms of poisoning. The types of wild fungus poisoning include gastrointestinal poisoning, neuropsychiatric, hemolytic, liver damage, respiratory and circulatory failure, and photoallergic dermatitis. Among them, the gastrointestinal poisoning type is the most common, and the liver damage type is the most dangerous, causing the most deaths. Its typical manifestations are nausea, vomiting, and liver pain. Once you experience dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, restlessness, hallucinations and other poisoning symptoms after eating wild mushrooms, you should induce vomiting immediately and bring the remaining bacteria and vomit to the hospital for treatment.

   Fourth, the production and business operators achieve the”three nos”

   When processing and selling wild mushrooms, producers and operators should not pick, process, or deal with unknown bacteria, and ensure that the processed and operated Toxic bacteria are not mixed in wild mushrooms to avoid corresponding economic and legal responsibilities.

   5. Group dining units are strictly prohibited from processing, manufacturing and selling edible wild mushrooms

  For the production and sale of edible wild mushrooms, school canteens (including nurseries and kindergartens), unit canteens, construction site canteens, tourist attractions catering units, elderly care institutions canteens, It is strictly forbidden to process wild mushrooms for group meals in hospital canteens, weddings and funerals, and group meals at meetings. Consumers and business operators should strictly abide by the regulations and prevent mass poisoning incidents.