Food Partner Network News On March 9, the Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) issued the Announcement No. 2021-19 to amend part of the”Food Additives Code”. The main contents are as follows :
1. Expand the certification scope of natural sources of food additives.
2. Revise the standards for the use of 4 food additives such as ethyl acetate.
3. Establish standards for the use of fungicides for food.
4. Formulate regulations on sterilization and disinfectant for appliances, etc.
5. Modify the test method of 8 food additives such as 5′-taste nucleotide disodium and the production method of fuchsin sulfite reagent.