All municipal (prefecture) agriculture (agriculture and animal husbandry) and rural bureaus, relevant units under the department, all agricultural genetically modified organisms processing enterprises, and relevant scientific research units:
In order to implement the Central Economic Work Conference’s decision and deployment on”respect for science, strict supervision, and orderly advancement of the industrial application of biological breeding”, further clarify the division of functions and do a good job Our province’s agricultural genetically modified organisms supervision work in 2021 will earnestly fulfill the duties assigned by the”Biosafety Law”,”Seed Law”,”Agricultural Genetically Modified Organisms Safety Management Regulations” and other laws and regulations. According to the”General Office of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs on the issuance of agricultural genetically modified organisms in 2021″ The Notice on the Supervision Work Plan (Nongke Ban  No. 4), based on the actual conditions of our province, has formulated the”Sichuan Province 2021 Agricultural GMO Supervision Implementation Plan”, which is now issued, please carefully implement it.
Sichuan Provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs
March 5, 2021
Sichuan Province 2021 Implementation plan for agricultural genetically modified organisms supervision
In order to do a good job in the supervision of agricultural genetically modified organisms in our province, implement the Central Economic Work Conference’s”Respect for Science, Strict Supervision, and Orderly Promote the Industrial Application of Biological Breeding” The decision-making and deployment of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs will further clarify the functions and responsibilities, improve the supervision efficiency, and ensure that the research, testing, production, operation, import and processing of agricultural genetically modified organisms are standardized and orderly. According to the “General Office of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, the issue of agricultural genetically modified organisms supervision work in 2021 The “Notice of the Plan” (Nongke Ban  No. 4) is based on the actual conditions of our province to formulate this plan.
One. Overall goal
In strict accordance with the”Biosafety Law”,”Seed Law”,”Agricultural Genetically Modified Organisms Safety Management Regulations” and other laws and regulations, earnestly fulfill the responsibility of agricultural genetically modified organisms supervision and adhere to the direction Unchanged and unabated, adhere to”two hands” and”two promotion”, and accelerate the development and application of biological breeding. At the same time, highlight comprehensive supervision, scientific supervision, and legal supervision, strengthen strict control over key links, key objects, and key areas, severely investigate and punish illegal seed production, intellectual property rights infringements and other violations, cut off the illegal spread of agricultural genetically modified organisms, and protect China The province’s agricultural genetically modified R&D and applications have developed in a healthy and orderly manner.
2. Supervision focus
(1) Key objects. Agricultural genetically modified organisms research and development units, genetically modified experiments undertaking units, genetically modified crop breeding units, seed production and processing enterprises, imported genetically modified organisms processing enterprises, etc.
(2) Key link. Agricultural genetically modified organisms research and testing, crop varieties approval (registration, introduction), seed production, seed processing, seed management, imported agricultural genetically modified organisms processing, etc.
(three) key areas. Agricultural genetically modified organisms research and experimental sites, seed production bases, seed processing sites, seed markets or sales outlets; southern breeding bases of breeding units in the province, imported agricultural genetically modified organisms processing enterprises, etc.
3. Supervision content
(1) Research and experiment on agricultural genetically modified organisms. Full coverage inspections of agricultural genetically modified R&D units shall be conducted to strictly check whether intermediate trials are reported in accordance with the law, whether environmental release and production trials are reported for approval in accordance with the law, whether research on new breeding technologies such as gene editing, and Sino-foreign cooperative research trials are carried out in accordance with the law. Supervise the whole process of agricultural genetically modified experiments, check whether the control conditions are in compliance before the experiment, check whether the control measures are in place during the experiment and the traceability management of the experimental materials, and check the management of harvests and residues after the experiment and the growth and decline of pests in the genetically modified crop planting area , Population structure and monitoring of changes in biodiversity, and other management conditions.
(2) Nanfan base of breeding unit in the province. Increase the density and frequency of sampling inspections in southern breeding bases, comprehensively cover sampling tests, strengthen the inspection and supervision of genetically modified components of southern breeding test materials in the province’s breeding units, strictly investigate the privately carried out genetically modified experiments and breeding behaviors, and strictly treat violations of the regulations. Talk, order rectification, and resolutely eradicate illegal experiments and breeding materials.
(3) Approval of crop varieties (registration, introduction). Optimize and improve the variety review system to provide policy guarantee for the orderly promotion of the industrial application of biological breeding. The applicant shall conduct strict self-examination to ensure that the variety does not contain unapproved genetically modified ingredients, and make a commitment to the Sichuan Provincial Crop Variety Approval Committee that it does not contain unauthorized genetically modified ingredients. The organization unit of the variety test shall conduct genetic modification testing, and the testing shall be terminated immediately if any unapproved genetically modified ingredients are found. Variety testing organizations should strengthen supervision over the testing and planting of genetically modified varieties and strictly implement corresponding control measures in accordance with the law. When applying for registration and introduction, the applicant shall make a promise to the Sichuan Seed Station that it does not contain unauthorized genetically modified ingredients.
Each unit participating in the main crop variety test shall submit a sample of genetically modified survey to the provincial seed station for future reference. If it is found in the census that it contains an unapproved genetically modified ingredient test variety, each participating pilot of the corresponding variety shall be eliminated immediately. At the same time, our department will organize supervision and spot checks on the tested varieties during the seedling stage. Once a variety is found to contain unapproved genetically modified ingredients, the entire group of trials will eliminate all test points for each variety and the responsible unit shall not report for review within three years. Variety. If it is a consortium test variety, the consortium test approval procedure shall be terminated. The lead unit shall organize rectification, and the lead unit shall not carry out tests until the rectification is qualified.
(four) seed production base. The agricultural and rural departments where the seed production base is located should take strict control measures to investigate seed production bases, illegal seed fields, etc., check early and small, increase sampling inspections before seeding and seedling, and before spring plowing and seed harvesting. Carry out special inspection activities to ensure full coverage of corn field sampling and testing, and strictly prevent illegal genetically modified seeds from entering the market. Before seed production and sowing, it is necessary to fully investigate the source of the parents and verify whether they contain unapproved genetically modified ingredients; rapid detection methods should be used for large-scale screening at the seedling stage, and problems should be resolutely eliminated, and seed production enterprises that violate regulations and laws should be taken seriously in accordance with the law. deal with.
(5) Seed processing business. Continue to do a good job in the investigation of seed processing and packaging sites, seed markets, and operating stores, and intensify random inspections of genetically modified ingredients. Focus on the supervision of seed packaging and labeling. Seed companies with violations of regulations and complaints and reports are listed as key supervision targets. Strictly investigate the illegal processing and sale of genetically modified seeds. For seed companies that have problems with unapproved (registered) pre-launched and unlicensed seeds, spot checks should be focused; for varieties with disputes over the authenticity of the variety, additional genetically modified testing items should be added.
(6) Imported processing enterprises. Strictly implement the processing license system for imported genetically modified organisms, strengthen the control of the flow of imported agricultural genetically modified organisms, strictly check the implementation of process control measures such as transportation, storage, and processing, and comprehensively check the file records of product procurement, processing, sales, and management to ensure that agricultural genetically modified organisms are imported All are used for raw material processing, and it is strictly forbidden to change the use and strictly prevent illegal spread.
Fourth, work requirements
(1) Strengthen organizational leadership. The Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs was established under the leadership of the main leaders, in charge of the specific responsibility of the leaders, the Department’s Science and Technology Education Department, Seed Industry Development Department, Feed and Veterinary Medicine Department, Administrative Approval Department, Comprehensive Law Enforcement and Supervision Bureau, Provincial Seed Station, Provincial Agricultural Product Quality and Safety Center, Provincial Feed Station , The analysis and testing center of the Provincial Academy of Agricultural Sciences is a special class for agricultural genetically modified organisms safety supervision, which is responsible for organizing and coordinating the safety supervision of agricultural genetically modified organisms in the province, ensuring personnel, equipment and working funds.
All localities and units must raise awareness, strengthen leadership, improve mechanisms, strict law enforcement, and effectively institutionalize and normalize the supervision of genetically modified organisms. Equipment and other aspects are guaranteed. Implement the supervision of regulatory clues and the accountability system for interviews, further increase law enforcement inspections, carry out work guidance in key seasons and key areas, and seriously investigate the responsibilities of non-action, non-supervision, and mutual prevarication.
(2) Clear the division of responsibilities. The Department of Science, Technology and Education is responsible for agricultural genetically modified organisms scientific research, field trials, safety supervision, supervision of imported genetically modified organisms processing enterprises, and genetically modified science popularization; the Seed Industry Development Department (seed station) is specifically responsible for crop variety approval (registration, introduction), seed production, and operation Supervision of links and the supervision of seed production bases; the Feed and Veterinary Medicine Division is specifically responsible for the supervision of imported genetically modified organisms processing feed enterprises; the Administrative Approval Division is responsible for the approval of agricultural GMO processing licenses; the Comprehensive Law Enforcement Supervision Bureau is responsible for law enforcement supervision and related case investigation and handling; Sichuan The Analysis and Testing Center of the Provincial Academy of Agricultural Sciences is responsible for the specific work of crops and products, sampling inspections of southern propagation, and environmental safety testing of genetically modified crops.
(3) Strengthen territorial management. The local agricultural and rural authorities are responsible for the supervision of agricultural genetically modified organisms in their respective administrative regions. The main person in charge shall conduct special research on agricultural genetically modified organisms, effectively implement territorial management responsibilities, and carefully supervise the safety of agricultural genetically modified organisms in their administrative regions. Management work. Regarding the supervision tasks, coordinate and clarify the specific responsibilities of the science and education, seed industry, feed, law enforcement and other departments in the supervision of agricultural genetic modification, strengthen work arrangements, and ensure that all tasks are implemented.
(4) Compact the main responsibility. Practitioners related to agricultural genetically modified organisms shall be responsible for the safety management of agricultural genetically modified organisms. The R&D unit should establish a safety management team for agricultural genetically modified organisms, and the legal representative of the unit should effectively assume the statutory responsibility for supervision, and implement the responsibilities of the safety team for review, supervision, inspection, and reporting; improve various management systems from laboratories to field trials, Strictly implement regulatory measures. Seed production and business units should strengthen the management of seed-producing parents, establish and improve files, ensure that the source and flow can be traced, and strictly prevent the illegal production and operation of genetically modified seeds.
All genetically modified organisms processing enterprises must earnestly assume their main responsibilities, implement safety control measures, and establish a “triad” of safety for overseas traders, domestic traders and processing enterprises Responsible measures to ensure the non-proliferation of imported agricultural genetically modified organisms. It is strictly forbidden for licensed processing enterprises to change the use of raw materials and resell processing raw materials to others.
(5) Intensify investigation and punishment. All localities shall promptly file and investigate the illegal clues of agricultural genetically modified organisms discovered and transferred, tracing the source, investigating the source, identifying the subject, and identifying the responsibility, and handle them strictly in accordance with the law; suspected criminal cases must be promptly transferred to the public security department. The information disclosure of completed cases is done in accordance with the law, and the results of investigations are exposed, forming a deterrent. According to the requirements of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, implement key node supervision information daily report, implement monthly information report for case investigation, and report major cases at any time. There is no zero report system for cases. All localities shall promptly report to the Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs for clues and investigation and handling results of cases discovered. Related business offices.
(6) Submit information and summary in time. All municipal (prefecture) agricultural and rural administrative departments shall report the development of supervision work in a timely manner, and report the work situation for half a year before June 20. Before December 10, all municipal (prefecture) agricultural and rural administrative departments and R&D units shall submit the annual agricultural genetically modified safety supervision work to the Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs.