District Agricultural and Rural Committees, Municipal Veterinary Drug and Feed Testing Institute, Municipal Agricultural and Rural Committee Law Enforcement Corps:
In order to improve the quality and safety of feed and aquaculture products, and strive to ensure that there are no major quality and safety incidents that produce pig products in our city, in 2021, the Municipal Agriculture and Rural Committee will continue to organize the production of pig”clenbuterol” and its substitutes. For the special rectification and monitoring work, the”Monitoring Plan for”Clenbuterol” and Its Substitutes Before Shanghai Locally Produced Pigs Are Released in 2021″ (hereinafter referred to as the”Monitoring Plan”) will be issued to you, and the relevant matters will be notified as follows:
一. Monitoring quantity
The total number of”Monitoring Plan” is 7,650 batches, of which 5850 batches are monitored before slaughter, and 1,800 batches are inspected by flight supervision.
Second, work content
(1) Monitoring before the column is released
There are a total of 5850 batches throughout the year, which are organized and implemented by the Municipal Veterinary Drug and Feed Testing Institute.
In accordance with the”Monitoring Plan”, all districts carry out the monitoring of live pigs before they are released for slaughter within their jurisdiction, and regard the monitoring as an important condition for quarantine at the place of production. Each testing unit that undertakes pre-listing monitoring tasks shall submit the monitoring results of the municipal and its jurisdiction tasks to the Municipal Veterinary Drug and Feed Inspection Institute in the form of electronic files before the 20th of each month, and the Municipal Veterinary Drug and Feed Inspection Institute shall be responsible for the summary and report to the municipal agriculture on a quarterly basis. The Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Management Office of the Rural Committee (see Annex 1 and Annex 2 for the specific format of the report).
(2) Flight supervision sampling
A total of 1,800 batches throughout the year are organized and implemented by the Law Enforcement Team of the Municipal Agriculture and Rural Committee. Supervision agencies in each district are responsible for the random inspection of”clenbuterol” and other illegal drugs in their respective jurisdictions. The Law Enforcement Team of the Municipal Agriculture and Rural Committee shall summarize the sampling inspection and supervision results of each district before the 25th of each month and report to the Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Management Office of the Municipal Agriculture and Rural Committee.
3. Related requirements
(1) All district agricultural and rural committees should attach great importance to the special monitoring of”Clenbuterol” and its substitutes, and earnestly organize the implementation of the”Monitoring Plan.” While completing this plan, each district’s agricultural and rural committees should formulate and organize the implementation of a”clenbuterol” monitoring plan for pigs in their districts before they are released for slaughter based on the scale of local pig breeding.
(2) The monitoring of pig farms in each district shall achieve 100%coverage without leaving blind spots. Large-scale pig farms should be monitored mainly, with sampling at least 3 times a year; monitoring of other pig farms must be covered in place, with sampling at least 2 times a year.
(3) In order to ensure the representativeness and traceability of swine urine samples, the agricultural and rural committees of each district should strengthen the training of sampling personnel, carefully organize and arrange the sampling of swine urine, and do a good job in the management of urine samples to ensure Uniqueness of sample identification. The specific operation is carried out in accordance with the”Technical Operation Points” (Annex 3).
(4) The testing work is carried out in accordance with the testing methods and limit standards in the”Technical Operation Points” (Annex 3). The Municipal Veterinary Drug and Feed Testing Institute shall be responsible for the specific testing technical work, and uniformly distribute the required sampling tubes and testing kits to the task units in each district on a quarterly basis.
(5) When the testing units in each district screen out suspected positive samples, they should send the samples to the Municipal Veterinary Drug and Feed Testing Institute as soon as possible. The Municipal Veterinary Drug and Feed Testing Institute shall promptly arrange the confirmation of the test results and formally issue a test report to the Feedback results from each district.
(6) The Municipal Veterinary Drug and Feed Testing Institute shall strengthen the training of technical personnel of the testing units in each district, and organize and arrange the comparison and assessment of testing capabilities. The inspection units undertaking the tasks in each district must set up fixed residue inspection posts, and the residue inspectors need to hold certificates to work, and personnel changes should be reported to the Municipal Veterinary Drug and Feed Inspection Institute in time.
(7) Monitoring funds are included in the financial budgets of each unit and used scientifically and reasonably for testing and sampling. The district tasks formulated by each district should also actively seek financial support to better complete the monitoring tasks.
1.”Clenbuterol” and its substitutes monthly sampling test information form
2.”Clenbuterol” and its substitutes monthly monitoring summary table
3.”Clenbuterol” and its substitutes monitoring technology operation points
Shanghai Agriculture and Rural Committee
February 9, 2021