Agricultural and Rural Bureaus of all cities and counties, Shanxi Agricultural University (Shanxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences), relevant departments and stations:
In order to strengthen the supervision of agricultural genetically modified organisms, and ensure that agricultural genetically modified organisms research, experiment, production, operation, import and processing activities are standardized and orderly, according to the General Office of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs”Agricultural Genetically Modified Organisms Supervision Work Plan for 2021″ (agricultural In the spirit of Banke  No. 4), our department has formulated the”Shanxi Province Agricultural GMO Supervision Work Plan for 2021″, which is now issued to you. Please carefully implement it.
Shanxi Provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs Office
March 17, 2021
2021 Agricultural GMO Supervision Work Plan
In order to do a good job in the supervision of agricultural genetically modified organisms in 2021, this plan is formulated in accordance with the”2021 Agricultural Genetically Modified Organisms Regulatory Work Plan” (Nongbanke  No. 4) of the General Office of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs and the actual work in our province. .
一. Work ideas
Strictly follow the requirements of laws and regulations such as the Biosafety Law, Seed Law, Agricultural GMO Safety Management Regulations, and focus on strengthening the implementation of the system, conscientiously implement agricultural GMO supervision responsibilities, in accordance with the”territorial management, departmental coordination, inspection and control” The principle of”linkage” will severely crack down on illegal research, experimentation, seed production, operation, planting, processing, import and other activities, improve supervision capabilities and levels, and promote the healthy and orderly development of research and application of agricultural genetically modified biotechnology.
二. Work goals
The province’s agricultural genetically modified regulatory system team has been continuously improved, and the regulatory capabilities have been continuously improved. Agricultural genetically modified research, testing, production, operation, import, and processing activities are standardized and orderly.
(1) The supervision of agricultural genetically modified organisms is included in the government’s agenda, and related expenditures to support the development of agricultural genetically modified organisms are included in the government budget.
(2) Further establish and improve the three-level joint supervision mechanism of provinces, cities and counties, and weave a dense supervision network.
(3) Guiding the practitioners to apply for agricultural genetically modified organisms processing licenses, and supervising the full coverage of agricultural genetically modified organisms research and development, production, processing, and import activities in accordance with the law. Supervise and inspect the full coverage of agricultural scientific research and breeding units’ experimental bases, seed production bases, and genetically modified agricultural products processing enterprises in the province.
3. Focus of work
(1) Compact the main responsibility
Practitioners related to agricultural genetically modified organisms are responsible for the safety management of agricultural genetically modified organisms. The municipal and county agricultural and rural authorities shall, through administrative guidance meetings, supervision and inspections, interviews, training, etc., urge transgene-related practitioners to further tighten the management system, strengthen management and control measures, improve facility conditions, and implement main responsibilities. Shanxi Agricultural University (Shanxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences) and other research and development units should establish a leading group for agricultural genetically modified organisms, improve various management systems from the laboratory to the field, implement corresponding control measures, and effectively manage the unit’s research and development activities. Seed production and business units should strengthen the management of seed production parents and seed sources, establish and improve files, ensure that the source and flow can be traced, and strictly prevent the illegal production and operation of genetically modified seeds.
(2) Strengthening the supervision of key links
1. Research and test links. A comprehensive inspection of agricultural genetically modified R&D units is to strictly check whether intermediate trials are reported in accordance with the law, whether environmental release and production trials are reported for approval in accordance with the law, whether research on breeding technologies such as gene editing, and Sino-foreign cooperative genetically modified organisms research trials are carried out in accordance with the law. Investigate illegal genetically modified trials and supervise the entire process of genetically modified organism trials. Check whether the control conditions are in compliance before the test, check whether the control measures are in place and the traceability management of the test materials during the test, and check the management of harvests and residues after the test. Shanxi Agricultural University (Shanxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences) shall strictly manage the southern breeding units, conduct full-coverage sampling inspections on its affiliated southern breeding bases, and resolutely eradicate illegal experiments and breeding materials.
2. Variety certification link. Strictly implement the genetically modified regulatory system for variety certification. For the corn, wheat, soybean, rice and other varieties that participate in the variety test, the applicant must ensure that it does not contain genetically modified ingredients, and the experimental organization must conduct genetically modified testing. If illegally containing genetically modified ingredients are found, the trial shall be terminated immediately. Implement policies and measures to promote the industrial application of biological breeding in an orderly manner, and strictly implement corresponding control measures in accordance with the law.
3. Seed production and management links. Carry out genetically modified component testing on the breeding materials of seed companies and related breeding bases to strictly prevent illegal genetically modified breeding. Carry out pull-net inspection of seed production bases, check early and small, increase the testing before seeding and seedling, and carry out special inspection activities before spring plowing and seed harvesting to prevent illegal genetically modified seeds from entering the market. Focusing on corn and rapeseed, we will conduct random inspections of genetically modified ingredients in seed markets and operating stores, and strictly investigate illegal sales of genetically modified seeds. Use test strips and other rapid detection methods to sample and monitor corn and rapeseed planting counties or concentrated contiguous field plantings. Any problems found will be eradicated. At the same time, they will go to farmers to investigate the source of the seeds.
4. Import processing link. Strengthen the control of the flow of imported agricultural genetically modified organisms. Strictly check the implementation of process control measures such as transportation, storage, and processing, and comprehensively check the file records of product procurement, processing, sales, management, etc., to ensure that all imported agricultural genetically modified organisms are used for raw material processing, and it is strictly forbidden to change the use.
(3) Do a good job of dynamic monitoring of the occurrence of pests and diseases
Arrange professionals to track and monitor the growth and decline of plant diseases and insect pests, population structure and biodiversity changes in genetically modified crop areas, timely grasp the dynamics of pest resistance, research and propose countermeasures, and strictly prevent the transfer of target pests from causing harm to other crops, and prevent secondary The pests should rise and harm.
Four. Work requirements
(1) Clear management responsibilities. Adhere to territorial management. Agricultural and rural authorities at all levels are the main body of agricultural genetically modified organisms in their administrative regions. They must further raise awareness, take the courage to act, study and deploy genetically modified regulatory work, and transfer management responsibilities at different levels; strengthen work scheduling and establish Mechanism to institutionalize and normalize the supervision of agricultural genetically modified organisms to ensure personnel, equipment and work funds. Strengthen the joint supervision of agriculture and rural areas with public security, customs, market supervision and management and other relevant departments. Strengthen the division of responsibilities, coordination and cooperation of science and education, seed industry, agricultural comprehensive law enforcement and other departments. The science and education management agency takes the lead to do a good job of coordinated supervision and popularization of science; the seed industry management agency is responsible for the supervision and management of the seed production and processing links of the seed enterprise, and the supervision and inspection of the seed production enterprise, the seed market, and the operating store to strictly prevent genetic modification Varieties pretend to be non-GMO varieties for review, strengthen the supervision of seed production enterprise qualifications, urge enterprises and bases to implement the seed production genetically modified testing system, and do a good job in seed production base genetically modified sampling work; comprehensive agricultural law enforcement agencies crack down on illegal testing, production, and sales of genetically modified seeds The violation of laws and regulations involving the safety management of genetically modified organisms shall be investigated and dealt with in accordance with the law; the administrative examination and approval agency shall do a good job in administrative licensing related matters in accordance with the law. Shanxi Agricultural University (Shanxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences) and other units have strengthened the management of their affiliated genetically modified research institutions and scientific research personnel, and are responsible for sampling and testing the full coverage of their affiliated scientific research experimental bases.
(2) Strengthen supervision and inspection. Further increase the intensity and frequency of law enforcement inspections and enhance the effectiveness of supervision. Focus on key seasons such as spring plowing preparation, autumn harvest and winter planting, seed production and sale, and focus on research and experimentation, variety approval, seed production and operation, and product import and processing with key objects such as research and development units, breeding and seed production enterprises, and processing and sales enterprises. Link. Strengthen spot checks in key areas such as corn and rapeseed counties, corn seed production bases, agricultural genetically modified organisms test bases, and border counties on the provincial border.
(3) Intensify investigation and punishment. Comprehensive investigation and collection of clues on violations, timely filing of cases, and strict handling in accordance with the law, disclosure of information on completed cases in accordance with the law, exposing the results of investigations, and forming a deterrent. Implement the supervision and interview accountability system for supervisory clues, and seriously investigate the responsibilities of those who fail to act, fail to supervise, and shirk each other. Promote the normalization of the reporting system of genetically modified regulatory information, implement daily regulatory information reports on key nodes, implement monthly information reports on case investigation and handling, and submit major cases at any time, and there is no zero report of cases.
5. Work arrangement
(1) Mobilization and deployment. The competent agricultural and rural departments of all cities and counties shall, in accordance with the requirements of this plan and regional characteristics, formulate corresponding implementation plans for the safety supervision of agricultural genetically modified organisms in a timely manner, refine work priorities, task division, and improve working mechanisms.
(2) Organization and implementation. The agricultural and rural administrative departments of all cities and counties shall effectively assume the responsibility of supervision, ensure that various supervision measures are implemented, carry out supervision of the safety of agricultural genetically modified organisms in their administrative areas in accordance with the”Manual for the Supervision of Local Agricultural Administrative Departments,” and make inspection records. Before the end of April, all R&D institutions and seed production and operation enterprises will conduct self-inspection; from June to September, the municipal agricultural and rural bureaus will conduct random inspections on the safety of agricultural genetically modified organisms in their jurisdictions. From July to October, the Provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs organized spot checks on the spot.
(3) Summary of work. The competent departments of agriculture and rural areas of all cities and counties and all relevant units shall summarize the annual agricultural GMO safety supervision work, scientifically judge the situation, and plan the next year’s work. The written materials (paper and electronic version) shall be submitted to the Science and Education Division of the Provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs before December 10.