Good news! Imported corn has added a new access country. Recently, the General Administration of Customs issued the”Announcement on Plant Quarantine Requirements for Imported Serbian Corn” (Announcement of the General Administration of Customs No. 17 of 2021). The following editor will take you to understand the specific inspection and quarantine requirements.
1. Imported products are allowed
The maize (scientific name Zea mays L., English name maize or corn) in this article refers to the corn seed produced throughout Serbia and exported to China for processing. , Not for planting purposes.
2. Quarantine pests of concern to China
Serbian corn exported to China must not contain the following quarantine pests of concern to China:
1. Maize dwarf mosaic virus
2. Sugarcane mosaic virus
3. Wheat streak mosaic virus
4. Tribolium destructor Uyttenboogaart
5. Liposcelis bostrychophila
6. Acanthoscelides obtectus (Say)
7. Ambrosia artemisiifolia L.
8. Unreal wild oats Avena sterilis L.
9. Cirsium arvense (L.) Scop.
10. Sorghum (and its hybrids) Sorghum halepense (L.) Pers. (Johnsongrass and its cross breeds)
11. Xanthium spinosum L.
12. Xanthium italicum Moretti
3. Business registration requirements
Corn exporters and warehousing companies should be registered with the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as the “Chinese party”) to ensure that they meet China’s inspection and quarantine requirements. The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of the Republic of Serbia (hereinafter referred to as”Serbia”) shall submit the list of exporters and storage companies to China in advance. (The list of overseas export and warehousing companies can be found on the portal website of the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China at http://www.customs.gov.cn; click on”Customs Profile” to enter the page of”Animal and Plant Quarantine Department” and click on the”Enterprise Information” column View in).
4. Processing, storage and transportation conditions
The Serbian side shall supervise the enterprises, and take cleaning measures such as screening during the process of storage and transportation of corn exported to China or before shipment to make it comply with relevant Chinese countries. standard requirement.
5. Pre-export quarantine and certificate requirements
1. The Serbian side should implement inspection and quarantine on corn before exporting to China.
2. If live insects are found, the goods should be fumigated before export or during transportation.
3. For goods that meet the requirements of the protocol, a phytosanitary certificate shall be issued, and the additional statement shall be marked in English:”The consignment is in compliance with phytosanitary requirements described in the Protocol of maize from Serbia to China between the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China and the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of the Republic of Serbia, and free from the quarantine pests co< em/>ncerned by China.” (This batch of goods meets the requirements of the Protocol on Phytosanitary Requirements for Corn Exported to China, and does not carry quarantine pests of concern to China).
VI. Quarantine approval requirements
1. Corn importers should apply for the Entry Animal and Plant Quarantine Permit before signing the trade contract.
2. Corn exported to China shall be subject to inspection and quarantine at a supervision site designated by the Chinese side, and be produced and processed in a designated processing plant.
7. Import link requirements
1. Check whether the imported corn is accompanied by the”Entry Animal and Plant Quarantine Permit”; check whether it comes from a registered enterprise; check whether the plant quarantine certificate is authentic and valid .
2. In accordance with relevant laws, administrative regulations, rules, etc., in conjunction with the relevant requirements of the Protocol, inspection and quarantine shall be implemented on imported corn. Those who pass the inspection and quarantine shall be allowed to enter the country.
3. Serbian corn exported to China should be loaded, unloaded, transported, stored and processed under customs supervision. The above process should meet the relevant Chinese phytosanitary requirements; it has not been processed, It is not allowed to directly enter the circulation market, and it is strictly forbidden to use it for seed.
8. Handling non-conformities
1. If the quarantine pests of concern to China are intercepted, the relevant goods will be allowed to enter the country after passing the quarantine treatment; if there is no effective quarantine treatment method, they will be returned Or destroy it.
2. If other quarantine pests are intercepted, they will be dealt with in accordance with the”Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic of China” and its implementation regulations.
3. If serious violations are found, China will suspend the import of corn from relevant registered enterprises, relevant production areas and even all production areas in Serbia until China confirms that Serbia has adopted Effective improvement measures.
At present, my country allows imports of corn from the following 16 countries, namely Thailand, Laos, Argentina, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Brazil, Cambodia, South Africa, Hungary, The United States, Peru, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Uruguay, and the newly added Serbia this time.
Contribution unit:Huangpu Customs