On February 26, 2021, the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) announced that Malaysia’s Kudat, Sandakan, Beluran and A total of 5 African swine fever outbreaks occurred in Kota Merudu, involving wild boars and 303 domestic pigs, of which 5 wild boars and 303 domestic pigs died. This is the first African swine fever outbreak in Malaysia. In order to protect the safety of my country’s animal husbandry and prevent the spread of the epidemic, in accordance with the”Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China”, the”Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic of China” and its implementation regulations and other relevant laws and regulations, the announcement is as follows:
1. It is prohibited to import pigs, wild boars and their products directly or indirectly from Malaysia.
2. It is prohibited to send or bring pigs, wild boars and their products from Malaysia into the country. Once found, they will be returned or destroyed.
3. If any pigs, wild boars and their products from Malaysia are found on inbound ships, aircrafts, road vehicles and railway trains, they will be sealed up Processing, and during the stay or operation in my country, without the permission of the customs, shall not be opened and used. All the waste and swill shall be treated in a harmless manner under the supervision of the customs and shall not be discarded without authorization. If an outbreak of African swine fever is found on the means of transport, the contaminated or potentially contaminated areas shall be supervised and disinfected in strict accordance with the law.
Fourth, strengthen the elimination of vector insects from Malaysian transportation vehicles.
5. The illegal entry of pigs, wild boars and their products from Malaysia intercepted by border defense departments shall be destroyed under the supervision of the customs.
6. Anyone who violates the above regulations shall be subject to the Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China, the “Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic of China” and its implementation regulations Deal with relevant regulations.
VII. All customs, animal disease prevention and control agencies at all levels, and animal health supervision agencies shall respectively comply with the”Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China” and”The Entry and Exit Movement of the People’s Republic of China”. The Plant Quarantine Law, the Animal Epidemic Prevention Law of the People’s Republic of China and other relevant regulations shall cooperate closely to do a good job in quarantine, epidemic prevention and supervision.
This announcement will be implemented from the date of publication.
General Administration of Customs Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs
March 8, 2021
Announcement text download link: