Recently, the Finnish official notified the World Organization for Animal Health about the occurrence of the H5N8 subtype of highly pathogenic avian influenza in its poultry. In order to protect the safety of our country’s animal husbandry and prevent the introduction of the epidemic, in accordance with the”Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China”,”The Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic of China” and other relevant laws and regulations, the announcement is as follows:
1. It is forbidden to import poultry and related products directly or indirectly from Finland (derived from unprocessed poultry or products that are processed but may still transmit disease) .
2. It is prohibited to send or bring poultry and products from Finland into the country. Once found, they will be returned or destroyed.
3. On inbound means of transport (such as ships, aircraft, international trains, etc.), if any poultry and their products from Finland are found, they will all be sealed ( Poultry meat for personal use shall be excluded, but shall not be taken away from the means of transport), and shall not be opened for use without customs permission during the stay or operation in my country. The waste and swill shall be treated in a harmless manner under the supervision of the customs and shall not be discarded without authorization. If an avian flu epidemic is found on the means of transportation, the contaminated or possibly contaminated areas shall be supervised and disinfected in accordance with the law.
Fourth, the illegal entry of poultry from Finland and their products intercepted by border defense departments shall be destroyed under the supervision of the customs.
5. Anyone who violates the above regulations will be subject to the Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China, the “Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic of China” and its implementing regulations Deal with relevant regulations.
6. All customs, animal disease prevention and control agencies at all levels, and animal health supervision agencies shall be in accordance with the”Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China” and”Entry and Exit Movements of the People’s Republic of China”. The Plant Quarantine Law, the Animal Epidemic Prevention Law of the People’s Republic of China and other relevant regulations shall cooperate closely to do a good job in quarantine, epidemic prevention and supervision.
This announcement will be implemented from the date of publication.
General Administration of Customs Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs
February 26, 2021
Announcement text download link: