Recently, Algerian officials notified the World Organization for Animal Health about the occurrence of H5N8 highly pathogenic avian influenza in poultry in their country. In order to protect the safety of our country’s animal husbandry and prevent the spread of the epidemic, in accordance with the”Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China”,”The Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic of China” and other relevant laws and regulations, the announcement is as follows:
1. It is forbidden to import poultry and related products directly or indirectly from Algeria (products originating from unprocessed poultry or products that may still transmit disease despite being processed).
2. It is prohibited to send or bring poultry and products from Algeria into the country. Once found, they will be returned or destroyed.
3. On inbound transportation vehicles (such as ships, aircraft, international trains, etc.), if poultry and their products from Algeria are found, they shall be sealed for storage (except poultry meat for personal use, but shall not be taken away from the transportation vehicle), And during the period of stay or operation in my country, the seal may not be opened and used without the permission of the customs. The waste and swill shall be treated in a harmless manner under the supervision of the customs and shall not be discarded without authorization. If an avian flu epidemic is found on the means of transportation, the contaminated or possibly contaminated areas shall be supervised and disinfected in strict accordance with the law.
4. The illegal entry of poultry and their products from Algeria intercepted by border defense departments shall be destroyed under the supervision of the customs.
5. Anyone who violates the above regulations shall be dealt with by the customs in accordance with the”Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China”,”The Law of the People’s Republic of China on Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine” and its implementation regulations.
6. All customs, various levels of animal disease prevention and control agencies, and animal health supervision agencies shall respectively comply with the”Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China”,”The People’s Republic of China Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law”,”The People’s Republic of China Animal Epidemic Prevention Law”, etc. Relevant regulations, in close cooperation, do a good job in quarantine, epidemic prevention and supervision.
This announcement will be implemented from the date of its release.
Customs General Administration Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs
February 19, 2021
Announcement text download link: