Agricultural and rural committees of various agricultural-related areas, agricultural genetically modified organisms research and development experimental units, import companies, processing companies, relevant units:
In order to implement the relevant requirements of the”Notice of the General Office of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs on Printing and Distributing the 2021 Agricultural GMO Supervision Work Plan” (Nongbanke  No. 4), we will do a good job in the safety supervision of agricultural GMOs in our city in 2021 , Formulate the supervision plan as follows:
1. General requirements
Conscientiously implement the spirit of the 2020 Central Economic Work Conference, the Central Rural Work Conference and the National Agriculture and Rural Department Directors Conference, and strictly implement the”Seed Law of the People’s Republic of China”,”Biosafety Law” and other regulations and specific work of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs It is required to do a good job in the prevention and control of the new crown epidemic without relaxation, earnestly implement the”six guarantees” and”six stability”, establish and improve the urban joint mechanism, and increase support, guidance and inspections for the supervision of agricultural genetically modified organisms in the district. Expenditures to promote the development of agricultural genetically modified organisms safety are included in the government budget to improve the rapid detection capabilities of the grassroots. Severely crack down on illegal testing, seed production, operation, planting, processing, import and labeling of agricultural genetically modified organisms. Carry out the approval of agricultural genetically modified organisms processing in accordance with the law, and guide the main practitioners to apply for agricultural genetically modified organisms processing licenses. Fully supervise all aspects of agricultural genetic modification within our city, so as to achieve 100%coverage of agricultural genetic modification research experiments and on-site inspections of agricultural genetic modification processing enterprises, and 100%coverage of sampling inspections for agricultural scientific research breeding unit test bases and southern breeding bases. Ensure the healthy development of research and application of agricultural genetically modified biotechnology in our city. Strengthen training to improve the ability of law enforcement and supervision. Promote inter-provincial coordinated supervision.
2. Focus of work
(1) Compact the main responsibility. Further consolidate the main responsibility of industry practitioners such as research and development units and seed production and operation units, and focus on the establishment and implementation of management systems, control measures, and facilities. The R&D unit shall establish an agricultural genetically modified organism safety team, improve various management systems from the laboratory to the field, implement corresponding control measures, and effectively manage the R&D activities of the unit. Seed production and operation units shall strengthen the management of seed production parents and seed sources, establish and improve files, ensure that the source and flow can be traced, and strictly prevent illegal production and operation of genetically modified seeds.
(2) Supervision of research and experiment links. The first is to strictly implement the system of the first responsible person for research and development, improve the management system, and implement control measures to ensure the safety of agricultural GMO laboratory research and development, intermediate trials and environmental release. Key inspections on the establishment and implementation of laboratory rules and regulations, safety control facilities and equipment, relevant research activities that need to be submitted for approval, and file records. Strengthen the inspection of intermediate test links. Check whether intermediate trials are reported in accordance with the law, environmental release and production trials are submitted for approval in accordance with the law, whether gene editing and other new breeding technology research, Sino-foreign cooperative research trials are carried out in accordance with the law, whether safety control measures are effective, whether test seed safety control and circulation supervision measures are effective, Whether the disposal of residues complies with regulations, and whether the file records are complete. Strengthen the sampling and testing of corn and rice grown in experimental units and key areas in our city, and investigate illegal testing activities.
(3) Variety certification (registration) link supervision. Optimize and improve the variety review system to provide policy guarantee for the orderly promotion of the industrial application of biological breeding. The applicant should ensure that the variety does not contain unapproved genetically modified ingredients, and strictly implement the requirements for regional trials and variety certification (registration) for varieties that have not obtained agricultural genetically modified organisms safety certificates. For corn, rice, soybeans, and soybeans that participate in regional trials, For wheat and other varieties, the applicant unit shall conduct genetically modified component testing, and the test or registration organization unit shall conduct re-inspection. Strengthen the supervision of experimental planting of genetically modified varieties and strictly implement corresponding control measures in accordance with the law.
(4) Supervision of seed production and operation. Strengthen the supervision of seed production links, carry out inspections of seed companies, seed production bases, illegal seed fields, etc., check early and small, increase the intensity of sampling and inspection of seeds before they are planted in the field and the inspection of seedlings, and carry out special projects before spring ploughing and seed harvesting season Check activities to prevent illegal genetically modified seeds from falling into the land and strictly prevent illegal genetically modified seeds from entering the market. Carry out random inspections of genetically modified ingredients in seed markets and operating stores, intensify random inspections, and strictly investigate illegal sales of genetically modified seeds.
(5) Supervision of import processing links. Strengthen the”three-in-one” review of overseas traders, domestic traders and processing enterprises, strengthen the supervision of the flow of imported agricultural genetically modified organisms, strictly implement the agricultural genetically modified organism import and processing licensing system, and focus on inspections of soybean processing enterprises in Tianjin Port Free Trade Zone, Development Zone, and Industrial Zone. Check the implementation of safety control measures in the process of loading and unloading, storage, transportation, and processing, and comprehensively check the file records of product procurement, processing, sales, etc., to ensure that all imported agricultural genetically modified organisms are used for raw material processing, and it is strictly forbidden to change the use.
(6) Supervision of Southern Propagation Test. Increase the frequency and intensity of sampling inspections in the southern breeding base, carry out full coverage inspections, strictly investigate the conduct of agricultural genetically modified organisms experiments and breeding behaviors, and resolutely eliminate illegal experiments and breeding materials.
(7) Strengthen the dynamic monitoring of the occurrence of pests and diseases. Arrange professionals to track and monitor the growth and decline of plant diseases and insect pests, population structure and biodiversity changes in genetically modified crop areas, timely grasp the dynamics of pest resistance, study and propose countermeasures, strictly prevent the transfer of target pests from harming other crops, and prevent the rise of secondary pests harm.
3. City-level supervision implementation subject and task division
The Science and Technology Education Department of the Municipal Agriculture and Rural Committee (Tianjin Agricultural GMO Safety Management Office) leads the city’s agricultural GMO safety management. Relevant offices and units, such as the Government Service Office, Seed Industry Management Office, and Municipal Agricultural Comprehensive Administrative Law Enforcement Corps, will do a good job of relevant supervision work according to the division of labor. The safety management of agricultural genetically modified organisms in our city strictly implements the”first responsible person” system of the researcher and the territorial management system.
(1) Supervision of research and test links and import processing links. Led by the Science and Technology Education Department of the Municipal Agriculture and Rural Committee (Tianjin Agricultural GMO Safety Supervision Office), the Government Service Office is responsible for the approval of the city’s agricultural GMO processing licenses, and the Municipal Agricultural Comprehensive Administrative Law Enforcement Corps formulating an annual law enforcement work plan and specific Organization and implementation.
(2) Supervision of Southern Propagation Test. Led by the Seed Management Office and the Science and Education Department of the Municipal Agriculture and Rural Committee, the Municipal Academy of Agricultural Sciences Biotechnology Research Institute provides technical support for testing. The Municipal Agricultural Comprehensive Administrative Law Enforcement Corps formulates the annual law enforcement work plan and organizes the implementation of the base for genetically modified breeding. , Inspection of R&D work.
(3) Variety verification (registration) link, seed production and management link supervision. Led by the Seed Management Office of the Municipal Agriculture and Rural Committee, the Municipal Agricultural Comprehensive Administrative Law Enforcement Corps, the agricultural and rural committees of various agricultural districts, and the district agricultural comprehensive administrative law enforcement teams formulate annual law enforcement work plans and organize their implementation.
(4) Monitoring of plant genetically modified ingredients. The Biotechnology Research Institute of the Municipal Academy of Agricultural Sciences is entrusted to be responsible for the detection of genetically modified components of major crops, focusing on field sampling and sampling of corn, rice, etc., and issuing reports on the detection components of illegal crops as the basis for punishment decisions, and strictly preventing the influx of illegal sources and illegal sources from other places Planted.
(5) Popular science propaganda. Take the lead by the Science and Technology Education Department of the Municipal Agriculture and Rural Committee, and cooperate with relevant departments and units to do a good job in the promotion of agricultural genetically modified science. The Municipal Agricultural Comprehensive Administrative Law Enforcement Corps is responsible for the professional training of administrative law enforcement personnel for agricultural genetically modified agriculture at the municipal and district levels.
Four. Work requirements
(1) Implement the main responsibility. The agricultural and rural committees of all agricultural-related areas shall complete the corresponding supervision tasks in accordance with the”Seed Law of the People’s Republic of China”,”Biosafety Law” and other relevant regulations. All R&D, processing and production units must implement the responsibilities of the first responsible person, improve management systems, and implement safety control measures.
(2) Intensify investigation and punishment of cases. Severely crack down on violations of laws and regulations, tracing the source of major cases, clarifying the subject, and clarifying responsibilities, and handling them strictly in accordance with the law. Encourage all sectors of the society to report violations of laws and regulations, and the city and agriculture-related areas should investigate the clues of the report to the end and actively accept social supervision. Strengthen communication and coordination with relevant departments such as customs, public security, market supervision, etc., to form a pattern of joint management and deter illegal acts.
(3) Strengthen popular science publicity. Implement the deployment of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, carry out activities of entering universities, party schools, and communities about agricultural genetically modified organisms, and organize scientific popularization of agricultural genetically modified organisms and law enforcement training activities.
(4) Strengthen job security. All relevant units and district agricultural and rural committees should strengthen the guarantee of vehicles and funds in the process of agricultural genetically modified organism safety supervision to promote the smooth development of work.
Tianjin Agriculture and Rural Committee
February 22, 2021