December 31, 2020,”Guangzhou Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs, Guangzhou Municipal Finance Bureau, Guangzhou Municipal Market Supervision and Administration Regulations on Printing and Distributing Guangzhou Municipal Elderly Meal Service Management Measures”Notice” (Sui Min Gui Zi  No. 15) was issued and implemented.
1. The background and significance of document formulation
The senior care”big catering” service is an innovative community home care service project launched by Guangzhou since 2016, and it is also the”golden sign” of the city’s senior care service. After 4 years of hard work, the city has set up 1,036 canteens for the elderly, with a coverage rate of 100%in urban and rural communities, and basically formed a service network of”10-15 minutes in the downtown area and 20-25 minutes in the outer area”. The scale, socialization, and specialization of catering for the elderly continue to increase, the community elderly care service facilities are activated and utilized, the healthy diet of the elderly is effectively guaranteed, the social circle and social support network are expanded, the mental state and mentality are significantly improved, and they live alone The care and service system for the empty-nest and disabled elderly people has been strengthened.
In order to further optimize and improve the quality of catering services for the elderly in the city, our city summed up 4 years of practical experience and issued the”Guangzhou City Elderly catering services management method 》, in accordance with the idea of “community deployment, diversified financing, socialization of operations, individualized services, and institutionalized supervision”, the elderly canteens are opened to provide safe, affordable and convenient meal catering services for permanent elderly residents, and provide Certain subsidies are provided to the elderly and operating agencies to solve the problem of “difficult food” for the elderly and disabled, and to promote safe, standardized, and continuous service.
2. The main content of the”Methods”
There are 7 chapters and 39 articles in the “Measures”. The main content includes:First, it explains the purpose, scope of application and organization and implementation of the”Measures”; second, it puts forward specific requirements for the establishment of elderly canteens and the qualifications of operating institutions; third, it stipulates the service application process And subsidy standards; the fourth is to clarify the responsibilities of the supervision and management department, complaints, appeal channels, and accountability mechanisms.
3. What is the definition of catering service for the elderly? What is the definition of a canteen for the elderly?
Elderly meal catering service is mainly based on the elderly canteen, which is provided for the elderly 60 years old and above living in the city’s administrative area Meal preparation, catering, meal sharing, dining, meal delivery and other service activities.
Elderly canteen refers to a place set up by the district civil affairs department and the town people’s government (sub-district office) to provide meals for the elderly at home. Elderly canteens are equipped with centralized dining (dining) and meal delivery functions. Elderly canteens provide lunch service on weekdays, and can provide breakfast, dinner service and weekends and holidays service if conditions permit.
4. How to select the location and layout of the canteen for the elderly?
Each district takes into account factors such as the status of the elderly population, meal service needs, service resources, and service radius in the district, and rationally arranges the elderly canteens.
Town People’s Government (sub-district office) can rely on community home care facilities, social work stations, party-mass service centers, work therapy stations and other community public service venues Canteen. The location of the canteen for the elderly should be close to the concentrated residence or activity area of the elderly, with good walkability, good municipal conditions such as water supply and drainage, far away from pollution sources, and conspicuous locations that are easy to find. It should be located on the first floor as far as possible, and should not be located outdoors or office spaces. Inside. Those installed on other floors should be equipped with barrier-free facilities such as elevators and barrier-free ramps.
District civil affairs department, town people’s government (sub-district office) can set up canteens for the elderly through government construction and organization, government purchase of services, cooperative construction, etc. Encourage towns and streets to give priority to adopting self-built kitchen service mode to set up elderly canteens, and all towns and streets in the city will build at least one elderly canteen with self-built kitchen mode.
5. What are the service modes of catering?
(1) Self-built kitchen service model. Funded by the government or co-financed with social forces, use community home-based care facilities to build their own kitchens, set up dining venues, obtain”Food Business Permits” in accordance with the law, and provide special meal catering services for the elderly in the form of on-site cooking.
(2) Service mode of unit canteen area (window). The canteens of universities, enterprises and institutions, and senior care service institutions open up special areas (windows) for the elderly to provide meals, or provide nearby meal services by ordering meals to deliver packed lunches, and opening internal catering resources to the elderly in the surrounding communities.
(3) Group meal delivery service model. Introduce group meal distribution companies with good social reputation and quantitative levels of food safety in catering services to cater meals for the elderly canteens.
(4) Catering companies participate in the catering service model. Social catering service units that operate with a certificate and have a quantitative level of food safety in catering services rely on community stores to set up special catering areas (windows) for the elderly or adopt methods such as”central kitchen + community stores” to provide catering services for the elderly.
(5) Neighborhood mutual assistance service model. In rural areas where the need for food assistance is small, the elderly population is scattered, and the conditions for setting up a canteen for the elderly are not available for the time being, service providers such as relatives, neighbors, and elderly care service staff can work with town (street) home elderly care service platform operating agencies, Elderly persons in need sign a tripartite agreement to provide them with meal catering services.
6. How is the catering service charged?
The price of catering service is determined by the district civil affairs department or the town people’s government (sub-district office) through an agreement with the elderly canteen operating agency, and is based on economic The social development situation is adjusted in due course. The elderly need to pay for their own meal catering services, and the elderly who meet certain conditions can receive corresponding service subsidies.
Seven. Who can receive service subsidies? What is the subsidy standard?
City-level elderly catering service subsidies include meal subsidies, meal delivery subsidies, and operating subsidies, applicable to lunch and dinner.
(1) Meal subsidy:Resident residents of 60 years old and above who live in the administrative area of this city can enjoy meal subsidy if they receive meal-assisted catering services. The subsidy standard is one-fourth of the cost of each meal per person, up to 3 yuan. Each person can only enjoy one meal allowance per meal. The meal subsidy is automatically deducted when the elderly pay for the meal.
(2) Food delivery subsidy:The operating agency of the elderly canteen provides food delivery services for the elderly in the city with the needs of elderly care needs 1-6. Enjoy meal delivery subsidies. Among them, the subsidy standard for the elderly care needs level 1-3 is 2 yuan per person per time, and the subsidy standard for level 4-6 is 4 yuan per person per time.
(3) Operating subsidy:The operating agency of the elderly canteen enjoys operating subsidy according to the actual number of meals. The subsidy standard is per person per person operating in the self-built kitchen service model Time 3 yuan, 1.5 yuan per person per person who adopts other service modes.
In addition to municipal service subsidies, districts, towns and streets can expand the scope of subsidies for catering services in their jurisdictions and raise subsidy standards according to their own financial situation and the needs of the elderly.
8. How can I get food catering services and service subsidies?
Elderly people who need catering services should fill in the service demand registration form through the Guangzhou Home Service Comprehensive Information Management Platform, show their ID card, and choose the nearest elderly meal Tang.
Elderly people who have difficulty applying online can apply to the town people’s government (sub-district office) offline, and the town people’s government (sub-district office) will provide the elderly People handle it.
After receiving the service demand registration, the seniors’ canteen shall sign a service agreement with the elderly and carry out services according to the agreement. Elderly people use social security cards (elderly preferential treatment cards) to swipe to eat meals. Elderly canteens where conditions permit can also use facial recognition, fingerprint recognition and other biometric technologies for identity authentication.
Older people with registered permanent residence in this city who receive catering services do not need to apply for service subsidies separately. The people’s government (sub-district office) and district civil affairs bureau of the town where the household registration is located The service demand registration form will take the initiative to confirm the qualifications of the elderly for the subsidy. After confirming that they are qualified, the elderly can enjoy the corresponding subsidies when eating.
Nine. Explanation department and consultation telephone
If you have any questions about the Measures, you can do so during office hours (Monday to Friday, 9:00-12:00 am, 14:00-18 pm:00, except holidays) dial 020-83178750 to consult with the Elderly Service Office of Guangzhou Civil Affairs Bureau.
Related reports:Guangzhou Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs, Guangzhou Municipal Finance Bureau, Guangzhou Municipal Market Supervision and Administration Bureau on the issue of Guangzhou Municipality Notice on the Administrative Measures for the Elderly’s Meals and Catering Services (Sui Min Gui Zi  No. 15)