From January to August 2020, EU agricultural trade maintains steady growth
By: Date: 2021-01-07 Categories: Internationalfood Tags: ,
γ€€γ€€ News from the European Commission’s official website on December 11. The European Commission released the January-August 2020 monthly trade report on the same day, showing that in the first eight months of 2020, EU agricultural exports totaled 119 billion euros, an increase of 1.2%year-on-year. Total imports reached 81.6 billion euros, an increase of 0.8%year-on-year. The agricultural product trade surplus was 37.4 billion euros, a year-on-year increase of 2%. Although exports of pork, wheat and coarse grains performed strongly during this period, exports of wine and spirits have struggled.

γ€€γ€€In terms of trading partners, China continues to be an important export destination for the EU, driven by strong sales of pork, wheat, offal, baby food and barley. From January to August, the EU’s agricultural exports to China reached 11.213 billion euros, an increase of 2.767 billion euros, a year-on-year increase of 32.8%. Imports amounted to 35.32, a decrease of 55 million euros, a year-on-year decrease of 1.5%. The trade surplus reached 7.681 billion euros, a year-on-year increase of 58.23%.