According to the”Food Safety Law of the People’s Republic of China”,”Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Food Safety Local Standards Management Measures” and other relevant regulations, the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region is now publicly soliciting 2021 food safety local standard system (revision) projects. The relevant matters are now announced as follows:
1. Principles of project establishment
(1) Reflect the advantages of local specialty food in our district and meet the actual needs of the development of the food industry in our district;
(2) There should be a scientific basis or research basis for food safety risk monitoring and evaluation;
(3) Focus on factors that may cause harm to human health;
(4) There is no corresponding national food safety standard.
Second, project scope
Local specialty foods refer to foods with more than 30 years of traditional eating habits in certain regions, including local-specific food ingredients and foods produced by traditional techniques that cannot be covered by existing food safety indicators.
Local food safety standards include:
(1) Local specialty food ingredients and products;
(2) Inspection methods and procedures that are compatible with local special food standards;
(3) Hygienic requirements in the production and operation process in line with local food standards.
3. Related requirements
(1) When submitting a project proposal, the”Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Food Safety Local Standard Project Proposal” (see attachment) should be filled in, and the content should be as complete as possible, and supporting materials should be provided.
(2) The application proposal should not overlap with the national food safety standard project plan being carried out by the National Health Commission, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs and other relevant ministries.
Four. Time limit and procedures for submission
When making a project proposal, electronic and paper documents should be submitted.
(1) Electronic file submission. Fill in the project proposal according to the format of”Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Food Safety Local Standard Project Proposal”, and send it to [email protected]
together with supporting materials.
(2) Submission of paper documents. The completed”Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Food Safety Local Standard Project Proposal” and related supporting materials should be stamped with the official seal of the unit (citizens who propose project proposal, a copy of ID card is required), and submit or mail it to the autonomous region’s comprehensive health supervision Food Safety Section of the Enforcement Bureau.
(3) The project proposal submission date is January 5, 2021-March 5, 2021. According to the actual situation, if there is an urgent need to formulate local standards for special food safety, temporary project proposals can be submitted with the consent of the Autonomous Region Health Commission.
The submitted project proposal will be included in the 2021 local food safety standard system (revision) plan and announced to the public after review and approval of the prescribed procedures. Encourage citizens, legal persons and other organizations to actively participate in making comments and suggestions.
Mailing address:No. 127, Rongchuang Street, High-tech Zone (New Urban District), Urumqi City
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Health Supervision and Law Enforcement Bureau
Autonomous Region Health Committee
January 5, 2021